Sunday 21 June 2015

Dear Darlin'......




Hey everyone! It's me again, back at last! I really am terrible at being able to post all the time. I've been wanting to write this post for the past month now and I'm finally getting around to doing it. I've been crazy busy in April and May seeing the fantastic Olly Murs on his 'Never Been Better' tour which was out of this world, so this post is basically going to be about that.

I have wanted to see Olly live in concert for a number of years but there has always been a reason why I couldn't go so I was thrilled to be finally seeing him live. I went to his London and Newcastle dates, four altogether! I literally loved every second and would go again in a heartbeat. I just think he is so down to earth and a genuinely a lovely guy and clearly a born entertainer. I've seen many acts over the years on tour and none are quite like Olly he is in a class of his own nor have I ever seen anybody love the attention as much as he does lol! 

As I have previously mentioned I travelled all the way up to Newcastle from little Rayleigh just to see Olly's tour, that's how desperate I wanted to see him live. I literally can not stand at concerts, I feel far to claustrophobic, plus my panic attacks literally won't let me, but I love to be right at the front and all the London dates were standing, see my dilemma? So Newcastle seated was my solution. If you would like to read part one of my Newcastle adventure then click here.

So Saturday 18th had finally arrived and we were all ready to go and see Mr Murs. We had dinner at the hotel first which was pretty nice, although i think they knew most people would be eating there before the show and stuck their prices up! I had this really strange pizza like all the toppings were actually underneath the cheese, a tad annoying when you don't like tomatoes and have to lift the cheese up to dig them out lol! Finally at around 8:00pm we started to make our way to the Metro Arena which was literally across the road from where we were staying. People always talk about first impressions being so important well I think that's true and for me my first impression was I didn't like it. The entrance to the venue was dirty and smelly and to be honest the venue itself looked like my locally dirty nightclub! I have wanted to see a show at the Metro for years so I couldn't help feeling a tad what disappointed. Perhaps I was expecting to much? 

As we entered the arena after climbing what seemed like a million stairs we had to go and check in at a desk for our V.I.P package which was basically a signed programme, mug and Lanyard. I'm the sort of person who likes to get a feel for where I am, I either love or hate a place and I just felt really uncomfortable as I entered the actual arena it felt so strange but that could be something to do with being used to the size of the O2. I was so amazed by our seats though we were third row and at the end of the row literally by the catwalk. That was one of the nice things about the Metro you were so close to the stage and it felt like such a intimate show, you could not have got any closer and for that reason alone I would visit again. Being the mature people Sian and myself are we thought it would be funny to create a banner, just a quick simple one to let Olly know we had travelled all the way from Essex. Which he did actually see but me being me I was holding it upside down I dread to think what Olly must have thought it said! It was a good idea at the time I promise, looking back on it makes me want to crawl up in a ball!




Now let's move on to the actual show, I hate the waiting being a show starts you literally sit there for ages getting more and more excited. Before Olly's show started each time Taylor Swifts 'Shake it' and Pharrells 'Happy' would echo through the arenas thats when you knew it was about to happen. The stage comes to light all of the sudden for a amazing entrance of music and Olly's band although you wait so long for Olly to appear I missed it each and everytime and I would turn around and he would already be on stage! Olly started the show with 'Did you miss me?' which was so lively and energetic it really got the crowds going, especially with the amount of twerking going on. Still like two months later that entrance is stuck in my head! Each and every song his quirkiness and cheeky personality came across making the show that little bit more amazing. 




Olly had the setlist down to a tee, although he tried to fool us all by saying he had scraped his biggest hits the little lier! He literally had such a good mixture of old and new songs. At one point a piano appears from beneath the stage and a whole new twist of his classics 'Please don't let me go', 'Thinking of me' and 'Busy' is sang with his four backing singers which really showed just how amazing Olly's voice really is. A highlight of each and every show I went to has to be his duet with the very talented Ella Eyre. They sing 'Up' it honestly didn't matter how many times I saw it I loved it more and more each time, there vocals were unbelievably amazing and the choreographer was incredible I just loved the chemistry. Before I saw the show all I kept saying was omg how amazing would it be it Demi Lovato (who sings on the actual track with Olly) was to appear and sing it with him but by the end of the shows i whole heartily prefer Ella! 

As it gets to the halfway point on the show the walkway to the B-stage appears and Olly dances his way over singing 'Dance With Me Tonight' which really gets you dancing and singing before he calms it down to sing 'Let Me In' and my all time favourite ' Dear Darlin''. I've never been to a show where the artist interacts with the crowd so much like literally at one point I think Olly talked more then he sang talking about anything from his family to the Spice Girls. Which was quite amusing seeing Olly blurt out and start singing to their song and completely got the crowd going. The show ended with Olly's no1 hit 'Wrapped Up' which was incredible and even after a 2hr show he was still going and by the time Olly had disappeared under the stage you just wanted to go and see him again! I have never been to such a good show! 




Coming out of the Metro was even worse you literally couldn't move everything was at a standstill it was seriously badly organised! A five minute walk turned into a twenty minute push and shove! I've never been to anything quite like it! Like don't get me wrong there has been times when the O2 have been unbearably busy but there has always been some kind of organisation, there was just literally no one in site to help with traffic or anything. It was that bad you couldn't even cross the roads!

The O2 shows were out of this world I went Monday, Tuesday and Thursday night and each time was equally as amazing. Although Monday night the atmosphere was electric. The highlight of Thursdays show was seeing Robbie Williams and Olly sing 'Troublemaker' together! I'll be honest I went pretty crazy and was so glad I got last minute tickets to go and see the show! Together they were incredible everybody was just going absolutely mental!



I had the time of my life going to see Olly on his tour! If you ever get the chance to see him live then go for it! You will far from regret it! Roll on next album and tour Im all ready and waiting....although my bank balance isn't! Has anyone else seen Olly on tour? I would love to know! Leave me a message in the comments below!



Lots of Love
Sophie
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment