Sunday 21 June 2015

Meeting Olly Murs




Two posts one day wow I really am going for it today! I am that far behind in the blogging world I really do need to catch up. May was a pretty fantastic month for me I got to do the most exciting things! On Tuesday 5th May I got the amazing opportunity to meet Olly Murs! Now I would like to say I was calm and collected when I received the news but that would be a big fat lie! I quite literally ran into Costa and screamed the whole place down while shaking and crying that my dream was becoming a reality....well one of them lol! This was all thanks to a amazing competition from 'Hodder and Stoughton' and I will never be able to thank them enough! Im usually completely unlucky and win nothing and as cliché as this sounds I didn't believe just normal people won these sort of amazing competitions! So seriously that next competition you see enter it, you never know it might be your lucky day!

After fighting our way through the London rush hour, literally! We got to the O2 at half five where we met up with other winners and waited for Jordan (Olly's Tour Assistant) to take us to the green room. We got to walk all around the backstage of the O2 which was pretty cool and as sad as it is I really have wanted to do that for years! It was so surreal and strange though walking into the actual arena and it was dead quiet and empty! The Green room is lovely it has sofas, photo frames of previous meet and greet stars and just has a really pleasant vibe to it. By this point though i felt physically sick with nerves and excitement!


We waited in the room for about 15 minutes before Olly walked in. I was literally shaking by this point and had lost the power to speak! Nice one Sophie! Finally I got to meet Olly and hand on my heart he was the most loveliest down to earth celebrity I have ever met. Literally he was so genuine it was like talking to a old friend, although it was a bit surreal talking about local nightclubs and Southend! I did have a blonde embarrassing moment though when I went to give Olly his birthday present it literally fell out the bag and flew across the room! I wanted to die! Olly was lovely enough to sign my book for me which i was ecstatic about I've wanted it signed for years! My mum was equally over the moon and was buzzing for ages afterwards (I think she still is) we got so many hugs and kisses, he was honestly the loveliest! 


All I can say is roll on Olly's book signings because I can not wait to meet him again! Has anyone else met Olly before I'd love to know your experiences? Let me know in the comments below! I hope your all well and enjoyed reading this!

Lots of love
Sophie
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment